[3830] NAQP CW W9WI Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w9wi@w9wi.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W9WI Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 06:35:45 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: W9WI
Operator(s): W9WI
Station: W9WI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): ~7
Radios: SO2R

  160:  QRN   QRN
   80:   78    26
   40:   83    31
   20:  181    42
   15:   55    17
   10:    5     3
-------------------
Total:  402   119  Total Score = 47,838

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Team: TCG Team Stars

Comments:

QRN!

Wasn't really in "contest mode" for this one.  Heck, the second radio was
disassembled on the operating table when the contest started!  (anyone know how
to IRCI 400Hz CW filter in the 8.83 IF of a TS-940?  I know it can be done 'cuz
I saw it come *out* of a 940 but it just doesn't seem to fit!)

Made a bunch of Q's anyway.  Finally got "in the groove" on 80 & started looking
on 160 with the 2nd radio when I saw that telltale flash of light in the west
about 0400.  I'm afraid it was Mother Nature doing the transmitting for the last
two hours.

Thanks to all for the QSOs.  Especially the ops with the slower code speeds who
braved our QRQ code & called anyway.  Their efforts are MUCH appreciated.