[3830] NAQP CW N4VI Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4vi@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N4VI Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 13:15:28 -0700

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team: GMCC #4 Rough Riders

Comments:

Antenna farm:

80m:  linear loaded dipole not high enough   40m:  dipole @ about 35'
20/15/10:  Cushcraft D3 dipole @ apx 30'
15m:  Switched 2 element inverted vee wire yagi @ apx 25 - 30'

Can you spell torture?

As I've read in other writeups, the contest opened up the 15m band.  10m was
pretty dead but did try to open at one point with a handful of weak signal.
Managed to snatch 11 mults out of the deal.

I had big hopes for 40m but obviously need more of an antenna and a higher one
at that.  I knew the 80m antenna was poor and it didn't disappoint!  Picked up
K0RF for the lone 160m qso.

To sum it up, the high bands were in poor shape and the low bands were noisy!
Don't know if I'm ready to do it again tomorrow, but should be ready in two
weeks for SSB!

73 and tnx for all the QSO's.

Chris, n4vi