[3830] WAE CW VA7ST Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW VA7ST Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 17:23:46 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 8

   80:
   40:
   20:  58    51     18
   15:
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  58    51     18  Total Score = 1,944

Club:

Comments:

Very tough going all weekend -- spent many more hours listening than actually
making contacts.

20M was the only useful band from this QTH. Watched the spots on 15M and 10M but
never heard a peep out of EU (and only a couple of NA stations) on those bands.
Thought a 3 el./4 el. beam might help in this one but it made no difference -- a
dead band is a dead band, hi.

Heard many needed countries, but couldn't crack them for mults on 20M. Settled
for just 18 by 23:59z on Sunday. Too bad the contest was EU<>World only, as I
heard a big handful of much-needed DX out there for this one. Would have liked
to work A6, 4X4, JY9, E2, and a few others heard working EUs. I guess conditions
weren't all that bad after all.

N1MM software was ready for WAE, and it made QTCs very, very easy. Even a
bumbler like me was able to send sets of traffic.

Will certainly give this one another try next year (1,200 points last time
around... 1,900 this time thanks to more QTCs despite less than half the
multipliers).

Thanks for the contacts, and special thanks to the organizers -- first class all
the way.

73, Bud VA7ST