[3830] WAE CW K4BAI Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@worldnet.att.net
Subject: [3830] WAE CW K4BAI Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 07:29:36 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 36

   80:    2     2     2
   40:   44    44    18
   20:  397   396    48
   15:  155   155    32
   10:    1     1     1
-------------------------
Total:  599   598   101  Total Score = 268,128

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Slightly higher score this year than last.  Only European station heard on 10
was CT1ILT.  Last year, I made no QSOs on 80 or 10.  40 was much better last
year, despite a new and better antenna this year for that band.  20 M was only
"OK," with a lot of absorption and weaker than usual signals for much of the
contest.  Both mornings saw European sunrise openings on 20 M that had been
absent for the IARU and IOTA contests in July.  20 M was really getting good for
the last few hours of the contest, but participation seemed to be down.  15
meters was actually much better this year than last, but Saturday was much
better than Sunday, when it closed a couple of hours earlier than Saturday.
Signs point toward good conditions for the SSB contest in September.

I used CT version 9.90 and was very glad to be able to edit the QTC info on the
Cabrillo file.  In the past, if I made a mistake in entering the call the QTC
was sent to, I could not edit it later, since the QTC file was a binary file.
This year, I had a few callsign errors that I was able to correct with a text
editor in the Cabrillo file before submitting it.

I have already tried to e-mail DL6RAI at the address he requested and it didn't
work from my mail server.  So, if neither address will work, I will mail the
disk to him.

Thanks for all the QSOs. It was nice to work so many old familiar callsigns and
a few new ones.

73,

John, K4BAI.