[3830] NAQP SSB KI0II Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, r.zoerb@att.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB KI0II Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 10:52:18 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: KI0II
Operator(s): KI0II
Station: KI0II

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 6,0

  160:
   80:   26    16
   40:   33    16
   20:   92    34
   15:   27    13
   10:   26    11
-------------------
Total:  204    90  Total Score = 18,360

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team: GMC Paradox Pass

Comments:

Thought it would be easy to beat my NAQP CW score but not so. Nothing can make
up for the improved efficiencies of the mode. Too bad most of the world wants to
do away with it!

Missed some prime time on the higher frequencies due to other obligations and
was not able to make that up on 40 and 80 meters which are not real friendly to
SSB QRP operation. Still managed contacts as far away as MD, PA and FL on 80
thanks to those Ops there with good ears.

Found conditons rather unusual with very short skip to close in states on the
higher frequencies but missing a lot of the east coast on those same bands. CA
was by far the most common state in the log, a bit unusual for me buy glad those
guys and gals were there.

One other soap box comment from here is "Yea for the 100 watt limit in power for
this event". Would like to see more of that!

Thanks everyone for the contacts.

72/73   Ron   KI0II