[3830] SARTG VA7ST SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SARTG VA7ST SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 11:22:53 -0700
                    SARTG WW RTTY Contest

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SOAB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   80:    4    35     5
   40:   14   140    11
   20:   83  1240    34
   15:    9   110     7
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  110  1525    57  Total Score = 86,925

Club:

Comments:

* 100W
* Spider beam (wire, 3/3/4 element) at 28'
* G5RV at 30'
* N1MM 3.0.49 + MMTTY

Telnet showed all kinds of activity on 15M, but I could only hear a few W6
stations (and N7US) here in south central B.C. (grid DO00). Didn't hear a single
10M signal all weekend. Not even KH6ND, hi.

Very few steady EU signals on 20M, but dozens of weak, fluttery ones. Openings
to JA were there, also weaker than I'd hoped for. HL and YB stations were loud
here on Sunday morning. Only ZL2AMI and VK6GOM from down under.

Extended the spider beam's 20M driven to full size in time for SARTG. I had
linear loading coils in the driven elements to shorten by 6 feet, so the wire
would fit the spreaders -- lengthened the spreaders and coils are now removed.
Receive signals are much better than the G5RV, as they should be.

Used N1MM Logger (v. 3.0.49) with the brand-new SARTG functionality. The
programming crew is amazing. The SARTG module was coded and deployed almost over
night. And that's after weeks of hard slogging to get the WAE QTC system built
and ironed out!

I improved my score over last year (by 9,000 points) and look forward to next
year, even if the sunspots won't be there.

Thanks for the contacts.

73, Bud VA7ST