[3830] NAQP SSB KH6VV(KH6DV) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kh6dv@cs.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB KH6VV(KH6DV) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 14:11:50 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: KH6VV
Operator(s): KH6DV
Station: KH6DV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: kh6
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:
   80:
   40:   73    22
   20:  365    55
   15:  234    45
   10:   51    11
-------------------
Total:  723   133  Total Score = 96,159

Club:

Team:

Comments:

How was the contest ..... near total disaster.  Short 10 meter openings with
almost nobody there, 15 meter antenna problems, band noise, excessive qrm, you
name it, everything was below expectations.  I had made my mind up to do a full
time effort if productivity was good, the 8 hours of operation says it all. I
took a long dinner break without guild, and accepted the fact that this was not
going to turn out well. Usually I can pull full callsigns out of a pileup one
after another easily, there was such constant qrm that I spent most of the time
asking for fills, that put any chances of good rates in the dumper. I did try to
move stations to 10 meters during openings but far too many of the good 15M
signals were multi operator stations suffering from the 10 minute rule. Mults
were hard to come by on 10 meters. Every 0 was in CO, every 5 in TX, and every 4
was in NC or Al.  The only good thing about all this is the fun of it all, that
and the fact that there is another contest just ahead.

Thanks to all who were patient with my copy situation.

Aloha
Ron KH6DV (KH6VV)