[3830] CaQP K6OWL Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6owl@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CaQP K6OWL Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 20:27:35 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: K6OWL
Operator(s): K6OWL
Station: K6OWL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: San Francisco
Operating Time (hrs): 14

  160:    0      0
   80:   57     60
   40:    9     20
   20:   66     16
   15:   60     29
   10:    7      4
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

After 20 years the Icom 735 gave it up, so I bit the bullet on a new
756 Pro II a few days before the contest (don't tell XYL what it really cost).

Since it was OTJ training, I was even more of a lid than usual.  SRI.
The condx were unexpectedly good, augmented by the improved capabilities
of the state of the art in transceivers over the past 20 years.
I heard ON4UN answering on my run frequency and assumed I was doubling over
someone else too close for me to hear and so was surprised when I heard
"K6OWL???" from John or one of his crew come through when I stopped.  I could
picture an impatient Belgian shaking his (or her) head over this Californian
op.
I got special dispensation to add a wire for 80 meters (just for the weekend)
in exchange for some long overdue home repairs and it really paid off well.
Got nearly all of the California counties on 80 and 50 of 58 multipliers on
80-10.  Couldn't get a good match for 160 and wanted to get more than three
days out of the new rig so didn't push it.
So, thanks for all the Q's and see you in Sweepstakes.
73 de Mark K6OWL