[3830] W3SO FN00sn, SO low 432 Fall Sprints 2003

To: vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu, pvrc@mailman.qth.net, 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] W3SO FN00sn, SO low 432 Fall Sprints 2003
From: Ed Steeble <steeblee@mail.bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 13:58:21 -0400

W3TEFoperated the W3SO Contest Station in the 432 MHz Fall 2003 Sprint. He had 23 QSOs, 16 grids for a claimned score of 736. As usual for all W3SO operations, QSLs to W3TEF. Station info at <www.qrz.com/w3so>.

Soapbox: Well this 432 MHz sprint was "slightly better" than the 220MHz last week, but still not a lot of activity. Due to the lack of NE contacts, I think it might have been because of the ball game last night. Like 222 MHz, I just ran 100 watts (amp trouble), but worked everything that we heard. The low power proved that the antenna system was working well.

For the W3SO team,
Ed
K3IXD