[3830] PaQP W3USA/M(W1NN) Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hal@japancorporateresearch.com
Subject: [3830] PaQP W3USA/M(W1NN) Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 15:16:29 -0700
                    Pennsylvania QSO Party

Call: W3USA/M
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: Mobile LP
QTH: 12 counties
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:     0     0
   80:   271     0
   40:   417   318
   20:   245     0
   15:    70    23
   10:     0     1
    6:     0     0
    2:     0     0
--------------------
Total:  1003   342  Mults = 127  Total Score = 251,714.0

Club:

Comments:

Above score includes 6,000 bonus points for operating from 12 counties, plus 200
points for working the bonus station once.  Above figures may be revised when I
keyboard the log, but probably not by much.  I worked 66 counties, the best I've
ever done as a mobile, but it looks like I missed Cumberland.  Wonder if I'll
ever manage a sweep.

I had instant QSY between 10, 15 and 20.  The antenna covered both CW and SSB on
the 10 and 15 meter bands, but wouldn't reach into the SSB band on 20.  I didn't
get around to installing my antenna tuner, so I didn't operate on 20 SSB,
probably costing me several mults.  I had my antenna for 160 and I had planned
to have enough time to operate there from my last several counties on Saturday
night, but I was running late and had to give up this plan.  I did manage to
work all states east of the Mississippi except for SC.

Conditions were excellent, as good as I've ever seen them.  So were the
leaves.

I'll post a more detailed account of the weekend when I get a chance.

This is the 14th or 15th time I've done the mobile thing in PA, and it's still a
blast.  Thanks for all the contacts!