[3830] CQWW SSB AC0X SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lsica@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB AC0X SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 17:17:45 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: AC0X
Operator(s): AC0X
Station: AC0X

Class: SOAB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 16.5

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    2     2        2
   40:    3     3        3
   20:  117    21       69
   15:  140    19       68
   10:  170    23       72
------------------------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

After doing W0DXCC last week, there was no way I was going to get the kitchen
pass to do a full time effort, but the XYL was gracious enough to let me take
the time I did take. Because I knew I wasn't going to be able to put the full
time effort in, I didn't try to squeeze points out of the band like I probably
should have. I went to bed fairly early and didn't wake up all that early,
missing pretty much everything on the low bands. I started tuning past the
umpteenth LU ad PY that I heard, even though I hadn't worked all of them. I
spent more time in some pile ups than I should have, and I let myself get
distracted to read various stories to my 2 year old whenever she opened the door
to my shack. But, still, it was a good weekend. The predicted solar mess didn't
really seem to manifest itself too badly, I had myself a CQ run on 10m for a
while, I "tweaked" my S&P technique, and I got through more than a few
multiplier pile-ups ahead of some big guns calling at the same time. Also worked
fellow MWA'er Rich N0HJZ from LA on 20m and 15m. All and all, a good time.

Equipment/antennas : Icom IC-761
Tennadyne T8 LPDA at 16m
Alpha-Delta DX-A 160/80/40 Twin Sloper

Software: AAlog Contest Module