[3830] CQWW SSB WB6IYM SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wb6iym@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB WB6IYM SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 22:10:24 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: WB6IYM
Operator(s): N/A
Station: WB6IYM

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Clayton, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 27

  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:   25    11       19
   20:   35    14       18
   15:   79    15       27
   10:   95    24       38
------------------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Still working contests with only a ground mounted HF6V, but still having fun!
You can call it stubborn, or something else less polite.  I have come to a
conclusion, though -- I can only hear about 25% of the signals being transmitted
on the band at any given instance!  That means its time for a new antenna
system.

However, it was a tremendous thrill working C5Z and CN2R on 40 during the wee
hours of Sunday morning with my sub-marginal antenna.

One question still remains in my mind:  Did the bands c-r-a-s-h Sunday morning,
or what?  Just goes to show you that no matter how much aluminum alloy or copper
wire you have in the air, good old mother nature is still in charge.  Just
kidding.

Hope all participants had as good a time as I had!  Looking forward to the CW
weekend already.

Charles, WB6IYM