[3830] CQWW SSB FY5KE M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, f5hry@wanadoo.fr
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB FY5KE M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 12:11:04 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: FY5KE
Operator(s): FY5FY, F5LND, F5MZN, F6FGZ, F6FVY, F5HRY
Station: FY5KE

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Kourou
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  102    13       50
   80:  328    21       81
   40:  916    29      119
   20: 1209    35      140
   15: 2297    34      145
   10: 4334    33      145
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

We worked hard in the past few monthes to improve again the FY5KE station, and
this work paid ! We beated our personnal best by more than 3 Mpts, and broke the
symbolic 20 Mpts barrier ...
We enjoyed the low bands with our new 6 beverages system, each of them being
possibly listened by all the stations. The big blackout of sunday afternoon made
us stay a bit too long on 10m, the only band opened at that time. The unexpected
high SFI was a sad joke for us, as it favored again the E<->W path.
We missed a lot of multipliers, some of them being worked easily by "local"
stations such as PJ2T. We still need to improve our rates on the higher bands to
be competitive (max 324/h), which is hard for poor latin froggies !
Congrats to VP2E for their outstanding M/S result and world record.
CU during the next one.
For the FY5KE Contest Team,
Herve F5HRY

Rig :
- 5 x TS850
- 2 x AL1500
- 1 x HL2K
- 1 x LK500
- 5el/10m
- 3el quad/15m
- 4el/20m
- 2el/40m
- Sloper/80m
- Shunt fed tower/160m
- 6 beverages (2 US, 2 EU, 1 JA, 1 AF)
- 5 PCs
- F5MZN WinTest V2.beta logging software