[3830] CQWW SSB D44TD(I4UFH) SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, i4ufh@libero.it
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB D44TD(I4UFH) SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 05:55:56 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: D44TD
Operator(s): I4UFH
Station: D44TD

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Cape Verde
Operating Time (hrs): 45
Radios: SO2R

  160:   91    11       46
   80:  256    19       73
   40:  576    25       80
   20: 1189    30      103
   15: 1741    31      100
   10: 2514    30      118
------------------------------

Club: MCC

Comments:

Glad to had 7 days before the contest to hard work, over 14 hours days to fix
rotors of both tower, installing Titanex Vertical, fixing 40m yagi, broken
during last 7 month, installing new CX19 and C3 fixed to OC & AF.
Telephone line has arrived no  more that two weeks before the Contest,
unfortunatly the line across the 2# tower so big RF Interference and Ferrite
choke were not enough !!

New SO2R prototype device,near to be market,was amazing full radio switch
and automatic antenna worked well.

Contest started in good shape, mult's flows band to band in very easy way,
Qso rate peeked to 400 QSO/h, a great fun !!

Losted ISP connection after 12 hours, no way to be fixes until monday morning,
so classic mult's hunt, with QSY has been lowered the rate.

160m were bad first night, only few EU and Carabians had good hear, Second
Night, most of EU / US and Middle East were strong at the same time.

80m were good with USA, some juiceble mult's show up at the sunset, KH7 & 5W0
were worked with gud signals.

40m were not in good shape, only US were in good shape, EU's were too strong to
be workable !!!

High Band , thank's to high SSN, were in amazing shape, 10m were a never ending
pile-up band, 15m & 20m with great pacific opening.

Great experience, need to learn more, need to stay in radio not to work at the
antennas, next time I try to do better .

Thank's to everyone worked me, see you on CW Leg as SO 20m