[3830] CQWW SSB IH9P M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, it9blb@infcom.it
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB IH9P M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 10:09:10 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: IH9P
Operator(s): I2IFT, IK2ANI, IK2CIO, IK2HKT, IK7JWY, I8QLS, IK8ETA, IT9BLB,
OK1FUA.
Station: IH9P

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Pantelleria Isl.
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   471    11       65
   80:  1038    21       90
   40:  1310    28      107
   20:  2305    37      144
   15:  3539    37      143
   10:  3348    36      145
-------------------------------

Club: Tikirriki Contest Club

Comments:

First time in M/2 for some of the Tikirriki Contest Club.
After the M/M effort on 2002, we decided to reduce the
incredible amount of hardware and stuffs needed for a
field-day operation on that category, going to try the
M/2 taking advantage of our previous years' know-how.
Bad weather conditions made our ferry trip delayed by one
day; the result was a lot of hurry in the overall setup,
made in only 4 days, often working under strong winds and
hours of heavy rain.
Tipical will-power, skills, fantastic friendship and
Passito wine, made the IH9P crew ready to run the contest
without any rest times.
Betters than in our targets on 10 and 15. A lot of disappointment
for the poor results on 20, worked sometimes like the Sporadic-E
openings on 2meters, because the incredible solar activity.
Lot of problems on 40, during some peaks of solar storm: tens
of minutes spent unable to listen any signal, also switching on
beverages and EWEs. 80 and 160 run exactly as planned.
See you on next one, we hope with some stress less !

Joe, IT9BLB/KF6FBC/9H3DC/IH9P

http://www.ih9p.com/

TIKIRRIKI CONTEST CLUB
*** No moscato passito wine?