[3830] SS CW W0ETT Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0ett@earthlink.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW W0ETT Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 20:32:32 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W0ETT
Operator(s): W0ETT
Station: W0ETT

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 17

------------
  160:
   80:   19
   40:  140
   20:  116
   15:  109
   10:   69
------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Conditions were pretty good except for a solar flare event on Sunday afternoon.
It took about an hour for bands to recover.  Didn't hear NWT, ND, and MT.  Heard
Quebec section but they were calling someone else.

I find QRP a tough challenge.  I must have called VE9DX about 20 times before
finally getting him in the log for a new mult.  Almost always, the QRPer is last
in line of stations calling - so it is frustrating at times.  Most of my effort
was 99% S&P.  Best run cqing was 8 stations on 10m before ran out of stations
answering or I got blown off the frequency.  Had a run of 5 stations on 15m a
couple of times.  Some ops have good ears to hear the QRP stations - thanks for
hearing my mini signal.

Worked a number of fellow GMCCers:  N0SXX (also QRP and beating me the last I
heard him), N0HF, K0FX, and W0ZA.  Heard K0DU and K8FC but couldn't break their
pileups.  I made sure to work our NCJ teammates Steve N2IC, who had a FB signal
all bands from NM, and Bob, W7UT who was very loud from UT.  Also, worked George
doing FB at K0RF and Randy K0EU, taking LP by storm.

QRP rig:  IC756 with 5w measured by inline W-4 Drake wattmeter to hf yagis:  A3
at 50, TH7DX at 70, and 2 el. 40 at 88'.  And, used a 80m inverted L for a few
contacts.

Until the next one...

73 Ken, W0ETT