[3830] SS CW K0OU Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K0OU Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 16:50:51 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K0OU
Operator(s): K0OU
Station: K0OU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MO
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:  102
   40:  377
   20:  283
   15:  237
   10:   99
------------

Club: KCDXC

Comments:

Exactly the same number of Q's as last year, but I missed the sweep. Spent a lot
of time beaming for and looking for NT but to no avail.
Was doing fine until just before noon Sunday when the bands went totally quiet.
Couldn't hear anything and thought the radio died, or my neighbors pinned my
coax - but power and SWR all checked out ok. Must have been another solar flare.
Took an unscheduled off-time which threw the rest of the day off. Made for
really bad Sunday doldrums.
Also, friendly neighbors at KB0VVT were on just a block and a half away. Nice to
work the MO multiplier so easily, but made for some pretty heavy QRM. We
survived each other by taking opposite ends of the band if we found ourselves on
the same band.
Nice to see all the 00, 01, and 02, and even 03 checks sending some really good
CW, since they would not have needed CW to have the hf privilages.
Good fun. CU all on SSB. Tnx for the Q's.
73 de KØOU Steve in MO