[3830] SS CW WX0B(K5GA) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bbradford2@houston.rr.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW WX0B(K5GA) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 18:07:44 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: WX0B
Operator(s): K5GA
Station: WX0B

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NTX
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:  150
   40:  487
   20:  363
   15:  267
   10:  138
------------

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Another great time in front of the radio. As my long time friends K5NA and K5ZD
both said, SS is still a great contest, and I enjoy operating SS every year.
Don't ask me to repeat this on Sunday afternoon of the contest though !

VY1JA called me on 40 meters at 0450Z. He was 10db over S9. I never heard him
again the entire contest period.

A couple of station enhancements really paid off this time around, and there is
yet another addition for next year already planned.

Conditions on 80 were superb allowing me to leave the bedlam on 40 for an hour
or so without losing rate. I can't imagine what 40 is going to be like in
another year or two when 10 and 15 are dead or closing early. The word brutal
comes to mind....sheesh

Thanks once again to Jay and Sharon for allowing me to barge in. Their
hospitality is truly appreciated by yours truly, and the traditional Friday
night Tex-Mex outing with Sharon's family is great fun.

Sometimes what comes out at these dinners is truly amazing. Let's see.....long
hair, Fu Manchu mustaches, black powder muskets, Indian hunting ceremonies, and
back packing field-dressed elk quarters out of the mountains....I'm still
shaking my head in disbelief. It again proves that one can't judge a book by its
cover.