[3830] SS CW K8AZ(K8MR) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K8AZ(K8MR) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 12:53:29 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K8AZ
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8AZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:   26
   40:  147
   20:  147
   15:   11
   10:    0
------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Missed:  RI, DE, WY, MT, ND, QC, NT, AK, PR, VI

Fifth and final stop on the K8MR 2003 Single Op Multi Station SS Tour.

I had the usual excellent start here, but things did not hold up as well as in
previous years.  The S02R setup was not as efficient as at the N8TR or AC8E. I
did have one interesting SO2R multiplier:  I was away from my 80 meter run
frequency for a bit, and when I returned there was K2NNY calling CQ!  So I
worked him for a new one and moved on.

The overall results from the 5 places I operated was 1510 x 78 = 211,396 in
20:17 hours. I never heard NT or KL7. The Multi Station approach to SS is still
a lot of fun, and clearly the best way to avoid the Sunday blues!

73  -  Jim  K8MR