[3830] WAE RTTY F6IRF Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY F6IRF Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 03:11:48 -0800
                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: F6IRF
Operator(s): F6IRF
Station: F6IRF

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: JN35au
Operating Time (hrs): 35

   80:  195  195     0   168
   40:  241  241   130   189
   20:  137  137    30    98
   15:  193  193   210   136
   10:  109  109   340    80
------------------------------
Total:  875  875   710   671  Total Score = 1,063,535

Club:

Comments:

Rig: IC706 at 7W - homebrew 2x4CX250 PA -  400W
Antennae: 40/80dipole at 18m AGL - Optibeam OB6-3M (2el/band) at 12m AGL
Writelog 2.10 and MMTTY 1.65 (diversity decoding)

====Soapbox=======
The world may also be divided in 2 by the ones who deal with QTC's and the ones
who don't !!!
My first serious attempt with my modest "domestic station" . I really enjoyed
this contest, for it's originality and the place made to the strategy (unlike a
CQWW). The QTC business is really fun although I had some problems with mixW
(the contest DLL has still some serious bugs, but I love so much the "advanced
waterfall"  for S&P).
Could have done better with off-time management, but had to be off for F vs EI
in the Rugby world cup, so missed the JA window on 10m. Heard a few JA's between
the match 2 halves, but they were rare on the air anyway (due to their SSB
contest, I guess).
40m has been my best band, and 20m my worst (NA window far too short from S.E.
France) - Propagation wise the 10m has been surprisingly good with NA(just
missed W7 and the west-most VE's). Like many EU's I have been unable to break
ZF2NT NA pile-up (WAE-TTY rule drawback) on 80, but transatlantic condx remained
poor on 80 anyway, so I focused on 40...
In brief I have just been missing a few more QTC'ers for more points and fun; In
TTY it's no so complicated (have you ever done in by hand in CW?), and it's fun,
so don't be shy and join the "clever half" next year !

Thanks all for QSO's and QTC's and see you in CQWW-CW from 4U1ITU.
73's Patrick

PS: By the way I' m active from 4U1ITU on tty those days - My office is just
accross the street, so basicaly I can be active at Geneva lunchtime (11-13z
window) and after office hours (>1630z). But PLEASE no QSL to my homecall - QSL
route is the usal "official and unique" one: Bureau or PO-Box 6 Geneva.
see http://life.itu.int/radioclub/ for more details.