[3830] WAE RTTY VA3DX Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va3dx@sympatico.ca
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY VA3DX Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 19:02:48 -0800
                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: VA3DX
Operator(s): VA3DX
Station: VA3DX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Ontario
Operating Time (hrs): 34.5

   80:   42   42     0    60
   40:  173  172    50   156
   20:  263  263   110   148
   15:  224  223   333   130
   10:  134  133   240    82
------------------------------
Total:  836  833   733   576  Total Score = 900,016

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

What a blast ! Condx seemed poor at times and great at other times.
It was nice to get some sleep at night and start refreshed.
No failures or TVI complaints, even had a TV for the hockey and football
games. Rareish best DX was C31PM calling me, lack of Africans, only 2 VK's,
 2 ZL's and no ZS's...... Did well with JA's on 10 thru 20 mtrs. Got my
10 mtr JA's right at the start of the test. UA9 and UA0 one of each.

Using WF1B 5.02 so I didnt have a handle on my Mults as it does not count
the call area mults at all. My score jumped alot once all of them were
considered. The old Hygain 4O2BA 40 mtr 2 el yagi ( bought in 1981 ) still
gets out FB at 85 ' ., and the KT34XA holds it own at 74'.
80 meters was dismal, only off-continent dx was CO8ZZ and ZF2NT.

Got serious with QTC's this year, and ended up asking almost everyone for
them or to send them. WF1B works great with the qtcs....

A very enjoyable weekend on RTTY !!  Glenn VA3DX