[3830] SS SSB K4XS Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K4XS Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 05:50:12 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K4XS
Operator(s): K4XS
Station: K4XS

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WCF
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:  175
   40:  842
   20: 1042
   15:  164
   10:    0
------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

What an unusual SS.  I never had the enormous hours that K5TR had in the
beginning of the contest.  In fact my two best hours were around 140 at 2200 on
20 and 0100 on 40.  15 got thin in a hurry and I was forced to QSY to 20 around
2130.  The same thing happend on 20 forcing me to QSY to 40 before 0000Z.

There were never any Sunday doldrums.  Most of my complete hours on Sunday were
80+.  I think I actually had a 100 hour on Sunday morning.

I want to thank all the guys I know who stopped by and gave me a NR 1 or a very
low number just to help out.  I also want to buy J a big Molson's if I ever see
him at Dayton.  He called me Saturday night on 40 and spent three minutes
patiently trying to get his information to me.  He must have thought I was a
lid, but his signal was so far down in the mud with BC qrm and static that I
almost gave up.  However I copied his very low number for the NT mult.

Pigfarmers and jammers were at a minimum this year, thank God.  Operators much
better behaved than usual.  Splatter was at a minimum.  I only heard one running
station on 20 Sunday around 2300Z on 14250 who had a very nasty wide signal.

All mults called me, which was a pleasant surprise.  VI and PR called in back to
back!

This was a fun SS!