[3830] SS SSB N5TW(KC5YKX) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kc5ykx@swbell.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N5TW(KC5YKX) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 19:59:45 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N5TW
Operator(s): KC5YKX
Station: N5TW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Georgetown, TX
Operating Time (hrs): 19.8

------------
  160:
   80:   51
   40:  225
   20:  402
   15:  505
   10:
------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Second SS and first from a real station. I had a blast operating from the world
class station of N5TW. 15, 20 and 40 played very well, although it took till 2
hrs. before it all ended to figure out that Tom's station is loud on 40 and I
CAN run there even with LP. Oh well, that and taking 4 hrs. to much off time
hurt the final QSO total for sure. Next time I will do the 4 hr drive the day
before the contest even if it is my wedding anniversary! The only draw back was
80 meters. Tom is set up for 80m dxing and not domestic contesting so the 4
square was hard to run with and the low level signal launch was not very good
for medium range contacts, which from central Texas is just about all of em. The
ones missed this year where ND, NL and NT, funny thing is I got those last year
from home with a minimal station and the 3 I missed from home came early and
often (NNY, MAR , QC). Oh well maybe next year I will achive the sweep but for
now I am pleased with my results. Thanks to K5TR, KI5DR, N3BB, WM5R, and K5PI
for their helpful advice and tips on how to operate SS successfully.

Station:
10- 5/5/5 (not used)
15- 6/6/6 in spray array format
20- 5/5/5 in spray array format
40- 2/2 in spray array format
80- 4 square and 8 wire beverages
160 - 4 square and 8 wire beverages (not used but there if needed)
FT-1000D @ 150 watts
WriteLog
12 pack of Coke

KC5YKX