[3830] SS SSB N2MF Single Op HP

To: "'3830@contesting.com'" <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N2MF Single Op HP
From: "B.Edward" <bedward@dreamscape.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 02:28:33 -0000
                            SWEEPSTAKES SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 15-Nov-03, 16-Nov-03, 17-Nov-03

    Callsign Used : N2MF
         Operator : N2MF

         Category : SOHP - 24 Hours Operating Time

 Default Exchange : B N2MF 71 WNY

             Name : BRIAN EDWARD
          Address : 3000 HENNEBERRY RD
   City/State/Zip : JAMESVILLE NY 13078
          Country : United States

        Team/Club : SALT CITY DX ASSN

   80SSB     583         583       1166      15
   40SSB     542         542       1084      39
   20SSB     231         230        460      15
   15SSB      79          79        158      10

 Totals     1435        1434       2868      79

    Final Score = 226572 points.

Central NY seems to be a "consistent" location for Sweepstakes.  No matter
what station improvements I make or what conditions are like, my score
comes out more or less the same.  This year's propagation forced me to
spend a lot of time on 40 and 80, which fortunately isn't a bad refuge from
here.  80 was quite long on Saturday night, which also wasn't bad, but
everything seemed to close up by 0800Z.  I've been plagued with an S9 24
hour per day line noise coming from the North since our latest wind storm.
 The Beverages really helped me cope with it, but I probably missed a few
callers.

Propagation often seems one-way here on the higher bands, and this year it
was especially so.  I'd check 15 and it would be pretty lively, but I
couldn't generate much responses to CQing.  Did some S&P and I'd often be
2nd or 3rd in the pile-up.  Returned to 15 later when the band sounded
marginal and I got a good run of weak responses.  You just have to be on
these bands during that limited window, otherwise retreat to 40.

Missed AK.  Kept tuning 20 for it but never heard one.  I found VY1MB, very
fluttery and in my Nothern line noise, on 20 Sunday afternoon.  They peaked
to about S2 for about three minutes and then faded away.  I was extremely
lucky with that one.

Seemed as though I was able to find a clear frequency for CQing a little
easier and definitely had my frequency stolen less this year.  That made
the contest more fun.

I wonder what November 2004 will be like?
'Til then 73, Brian

Tower 1: C31XR @ 81', C31XR @ 52', 40/80 dipoles
Tower 2: 3 ele 40 @ 81', C31XR @ 50', 80m loop
(4) Beverages