[3830] CQWW CW W9WI SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W9WI SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 17:14:18 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W9WI
Operator(s): W9WI
Station: W9WI

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: TN (Zone 4)
Operating Time (hrs): dunno

  160:
   80:   42    11       24
   40:   87    18       38
   20:  176    24       54
   15:  159    23       50
   10:  175    19       43
------------------------------

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

One doesn't earn a big score by:

- helping replace the main power disconnect feeding one's employer (a TV
station) at 0700z Saturday, only to find the new breaker is even more broken
than the one being replaced, resulting in getting home from work about 1200z
without having slept in 20 hours.

- taking the credit card bill to the post office on Saturday, and the water bill
to the water office on Sunday.  On a bicycle.  The post office and water office
are both about 15km from my QTH.  (and Tennessee is most assuredly not flat!)

- insisting on eating decent meals & getting a reasonable amount of sleep.

None of which impinges on the *fun* factor though.  **I LOVE THIS CONTEST**!

(also worked four new ones on 80 meters, bringing 5BDXCC that much closer to
reality...)