[3830] CQWW CW K5AF SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, PaulKB8N@AOL.Com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K5AF SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 19:04:00 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K5AF
Operator(s): K5AF
Station: K5AF

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 20.0
Radios: SO2R

  160:    5     4        4
   80:   34    16       12
   40:  144    52       19
   20:  143    62       21
   15:  183    68       24
   10:  160    66       25
------------------------------
Total:  669   268      105  Total Score = 653,869

Club:

Comments:

Can you believe these are the same bands that are empty of CW signals week after
week?  I thought that the conditions for CW Sweepstakes were an anamoly, but I
realize that conditions are probably very good much of the time, we're just not
spending much time in the CW spectrum, unfortunately.

I was only able to make this a half-time effort due to some music commitments
that invariably seem to pop up during this weekend.  I did want to test my
improved antennas and tuners, and was pleasantly surprised with the results.

I'm still stuck on this covenant-restricted lot, but have been able to tweak the
antennas a bit and was able to sustain a pretty balanced score on all bands.

The bands were just awesome.  When I returned from my piano job on Friday night
at about 0700Z, I was amazed to find a 20M band loaded with strong EU signals,
and most were workable.  I was also quite amazed at how early 15 and 10M opened
in the morning, a pleasant surprise!

Murphy didn't show his face this year.  Everything worked better than expected,
and although I had to be persistent, there were only a few stations that I heard
that I didn't eventually work.

I'm looking forward to what I might do with the full 48 hours.  Maybe next
year...

Paul