[3830] CQWW CW M0RHI SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW M0RHI SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 10:26:25 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: M0RHI
Operator(s): M0RHI
Station: M0RHI

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Doncaster, UK
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:   0      0        0
   80:   0      0        0
   40:  24      6       18
   20:  21      9       10
   15:   4      2        3
   10:  21      7       10
------------------------------
Total:  70     24       41  Total Score = 10,465

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Equipment Description: FT-857 running 100W into a 40m doublet, also
experimenting with a multiband dipole.

Club Affiliation: WorldWide Young Contesters

This was my first CW contest, I am 16, and I have only
been licensed for about 2 years, I thought I ought to give it a try though -
my impressions - phenomenal. I actually enjoy CW now, so watch out for me in
future contests !!!!!
Certainly not a serious entry by any means, due to the amount of time I was
working. I thought it best to get on, however, and support the contest as much

as possible. My target being over 10,000, which I achieved. This was my first
contest on the key, enjoying SSB more. However, recently I was 'converted' and

thought it best to have a go. I think that my CW has improved immensly from
these few hours I operated and I can't wait until the next one. Not many QSOs
or a record breaking score but my first attempt with not a great setup.
However, I was impressed that 100W CW into a doublet can work HC8 and V2, both
new
countries for me, first call with ease. I was very impressed.