[3830] CQWW CW 4U1UN M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w2re@bestweb.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW 4U1UN M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 12:12:43 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: 4U1UN
Operator(s): W2RE, W2IX, OH1VR
Station: 4U1UN

Class: M/S HP
QTH: United Nations
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   33     2        2
   80:   37     3        3
   40:  278    12       33
   20:  307    19       32
   15:  251    14       31
   10:  128     8       25
------------------------------
Total: 1034    58      126  Total Score = 437,000

Club:

Comments:

This was to be a full blown 48 hours from the United Nations. But, the plans
changed and we were allowed a short time frame on Saturday.

We arrived at 4U1UN @ 10:00am, first we had to pick up Seppo OH1VR at Kennedy
airport in NYC.

After about 20 minutes setting up the equipment we were on the air at 10:30am
on
Saturday.

The setup was a 1000MP and a trap dipole, N1MM logger.

My initial plans was to operate from home and do a 40+ hour SOA HP.

The control op @ 4U1UN granted us permission to operate 4U1UN, we had to take
advantage of the oppurtunity.

It was nice to give out this rare multiplier in a contest.

We generated some nice pileups, even from a dipole. Being weak was a
disadvantage because we had to repeat reports several times as station kept
calling.
Working split in a contest is not a option, which would have been the ideal
situation.

Thanks to the control op at 4U1UN and Frank W2IX and Seppo OH1VR for making this
rare multiplier on the air.

73, Ray W2RE