[3830] CQWW CW K7NV SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K7NV@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K7NV SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 15:26:05 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K7NV
Operator(s): K7NV
Station: K7NV

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NV
Operating Time (hrs): 40
Radios: SO2R

  160:    6     5        5
   80:   47    17       21
   40:  495    29       79
   20:  280    30       86
   15:  307    29       79
   10:  360    31       64
------------------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Real interesting set of condx & openings on the high bands. Made for some fun
trying to run around and not miss out on anything. Still haven't figured out how
to do that yet.

80 & 160 were really not so hot here, but countless hours of fun(?)trying to get
anything in the log.

Lomgest EU run on any band was about 10 qso's, had quite a few 3-4 qso runs
though. 70% of the time was spent S&P'ing 40% of the q's, which can be pretty
entertaining. Never could get that short term S&P rate over 100, but got close
several times.

Seems that some folks out there still haven't figured out how to turn off their
auto dupe reject function. I had two very active DX operations refuse to work me
once I got thru their gnarly pileups. I made it back thru both times and got
them to let me in their log at the same time they went into mine. At first, I
thought it was frustrating, but then had to remind myself that busting the same
pileup twice is just as entertaining as getting thru two of them only once.
Maybe everyone should do it that way, so we can all have "twice as much fun!"
This may beome universally appreciated when we reach the bottom of the solar
cycle.

I hear that one is doing well taking a knife to a gun fight and walking away
without any holes in their head. My wife insists that all the holes in this head
were already there before the contest.

Thanks to all the great op's around the world and the excellent activity for
another challenging/frustrating/educational/entertaining weekend.

73, Kurt