[3830] CQWW CW N1UR SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sawyered@earthlink.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N1UR SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 17:19:25 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N1UR
Operator(s): N1UR
Station: N1UR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 43
Radios: SO2R

  160:   16     5        6
   80:  194    16       62
   40:  294    26       90
   20:  322    26       84
   15:  573    25      101
   10:  343    23       83
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Great conditions here, considering the sunspot cycle timing. EU was strong on
all bands except 160M.  Heard a few stations on 160 from EU Friday night,
nothing Saturday night, worked none.  Pacific and Southeast Asia were very tough
from here.  Glad to see KL7 more active.

Had nice runs of 100 ? 110 per hour (peaks of 150) on 15M both mornings, runs of
70 ? 80/hr on 10 and 20M.  I?ll take it, with 100W and low antennas.

Real nice OH/SM/UA9 opening on 15M at 18Z on Sunday.  Very loud and all with
heavy flutter.

Even though JA was strong on 15M both Saturday and Sunday afternoon, it never
reached down to BY/BV/9Y/VR2 etc. from here with my antennas.  Oh well.

Lots of good activity everywhere it seemed.  Sure would like to see those
conditions again for ARRL DX but I?m not getting my hopes up.  This was a real
Christmas gift.

Lost power for an hour (I think) Saturday at 18Z.  Just in time for a nap.  Boy
I would have been mad if it happened right after a quick nap.  Power went off,
and I said, well its nap time.  I woke up and the power was back.  Sometimes you
just get lucky!

2.7 Million, a new personal best from the US in a contest!

Station:  FT1000MP and FT990.  TR Log.  DX Doubler.  SO2R

Antennas:  10M 3el @ 25 ft,  2 el South at 25 ft
           15M 3 el @ 30 ft, 2 el Sourh at 30 ft
           20M 4 el EU delta loop beam (tops at 40ft), vertical
           40M 2 el phased dipole array NE/SW @ 50ft, vert
           80/160M inv L w 4 el radials on each band.