[3830] CQWW CW K6OWL SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6owl@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K6OWL SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 17:48:45 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K6OWL
Operator(s): K6OWL
Station: K6OWL

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: San Francisco
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    0     0        0
   40:   58    14       14
   20:   56    19       24
   15:   69    18       29
   10:   41    12       14
------------------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions from here were very pleasant, albeit constantly shifting which
rewarded coming back after 30 minutes to stations which couldn't hear me the
first time.  However, I didn't prepare (actually wasn't intending to do much
after big effort devoted to the ARRL SS weekends) and used only my usual
Isotron array on the push up mast (wires for 40 and 80 would have helped --
insufficient space for 160).  The operators in Niger were awesome (a new country
for me), as were the Finns at their big contest stations with their stacked
arrays who were able to pick out my little signal the first time every time even
when I could barely hear them.  Thanks to everyone.

Rig:  Icom 756 Pro II
Amp:  Ameritron AL-811 @ 250 watts
Antennas:  Isotron array at 10 meters on 10, 15, 20, 40, and 80.