[3830] CQWW CW K3CR(LZ4AX) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K3CR(LZ4AX) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 21:25:03 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K3CR
Operator(s): LZ4AX
Station: K3CR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: WPA
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Radios: SO2R

  160:   27    10       20
   80:  261    21       71
   40:  944    31       99
   20:  553    34      100
   15:  838    31       95
   10:  806    29       96
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

What a great CONDX !  Considering how the things were going recently I never
thought that I would be able to pass the 3000 Q?s mark from US.  Well, you never
know.

Compared with the last year, the multiplier is way down though (then I had
158/531) which made me worry on Sunday but it seems that almost everyone has
something like that.

Among the other great things like having a 100+ hours to EU on 40 well past
after their sunrise were JAs. They were super loud, they were disciplined and
there were many of them. Way to go guys ! Only if you could teach the rest of
the world how to behave in pileups, myself included.

Did the full 48 hours but it turned to be a mistake. I got so tired without the
usual 3-hour nap that I had to stand up and work like that for an hour or so on
Sunday morning. The last 2 hours were the toughest, I was falling asleep and
waking up with every call and wondering why these guys keep calling, what do
they want from me. I really have never been so tired in my contest career.  So,
I guess I?m done with the full 48 hours efforts for awhile.

Didn?t have many frequency fights this year ? just 3. Lost the first ? C4M just
appeared out of nowhere on my 40 meter frequency and started running ?em hard.
Well, guess who is closer to Europe and who had to retreat. The second opponent
(an W7) had to witness my magnificent JA run just over his head, well not all of
it but at least 50 Q?s, before he decided to find himself another frequency.
Guess he didn?t expect such a behavior from an East Coast station. And I didn?t
turn the whole stack. The third one was actually my fault ? I turned off the
AutoCQ feature since my timing with the second radio created a lot of confusion
among the callers on my run frequency. Then somehow I managed to fall asleep and
stopped hitting that F1 button. It wasn?t for long, less than a minute, but
enough for K1IR to jump on my frequency. Luckily, the operator there just let it
go without arguing which automatically makes him eligible for a large Dayton
beer.

At the end I usually put something like ?thanks to Jim WA3FET for letting me use
his station and to Jon KB3FUN and James KB3HUZ? but this time I feel that I must
really emphasize on that. We had planned a lot of things to improve the station
for this contest season ? some of them are reality, some turned to be a major
disaster, some are still in the future. But without the countless hours that Jon
and James had spent on the towers and on a different projects, without the
WA3FET?s undying optimism, contest expertise and innovations and without the
reality check and practical knowledge of Woody K3YV we just wouldn?t be anywhere
close. The rules of this game are such that only the operator could appreciate
the end result of the whole team?s work and I must say you did great guys.
So, my hat is down to all of you  ?  James, Jim, Jon and Woody. Thank you !
Just hope that Woody wouldn?t hang me on the tower for mentioning his name and
the word ?contest? in the same sentence.

And finally - congratulations to all, we are all winners, no matter how many Q?s
we?ve made. Remember, the goal is just to have fun ! It?s that simple.