[3830] CQWW CW K7JI SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7ji@spiritone.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K7JI SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 21:37:47 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K7JI
Operator(s): K7JI
Station: K7JI

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 35

  160:    9     5        5
   80:   39    14       19
   40:  362    31       84
   20:   95    26       61
   15:  257    30       67
   10:  219    25       44
------------------------------
Total:  981   131      280  Total Score = 1,103,124

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

This was my first full-time contest, and I loved it!  I figured it was about
time to try this for real and on CW since I have been a ham since 1969 and have
known many friends over the years who are contesters. First time in all those
years I have had a tower and real antenns, thanks for K7PN. With the last minute
advice on 2 meters from K7AR and K7EM, I got the keyboard working to send CW
literally 1 minute before the contest started! Couldn't have had much more fun -
unless maybe I had monoband antennas for the high bands and a 4 square for 80.
40 meters was a blast, and 20 meters was TERRIBLE from this QTH. My tribander is
not as much fun in general on 20 as it is on 15 and 10, so there you go.  I see
why Steve Kelly loves 40 meters - it was my favorite band. I learned a bunch,
and have gained a heightened respect for K7EM, K7AR, K9JF, K7PN, K7ZSD, W7GG,
K7ZUM, W9AQW, WB8EUN, W9DOB, W9EWC(SK) plus all the other friends who have done
this for years.  See you next contest!