[3830] CQWW CW W8AV M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8av@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W8AV M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 04:03:04 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W8AV
Operator(s): K4LT, AF8A, N8IW, W8AV, W8RZ
Station: W8AV

Class: M/M HP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   38    11       23
   80:  257    24       80
   40:  731    34      117
   20:  765    38      131
   15: 1131    35      126
   10: 1014    29      109
------------------------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

This originally started out as a high profile M/2 operation.  However, due to a
reduced operating crew due to the fact that a couple of the W8AV ops were at
PJ2T or had other conflicts, we shifted gears and did a "for fun" multi-multi.
This gave some of our newer ops a chance to sit in front of any radio at any
time to hone their skills on picking mults and learning to run stations.

Conditions on the high bands were absolutely outstanding.  K4LT had three hours
in excess of 130 on ten meters Sunday morning and there were many more hours
where the run rates on both ten and 15 were superb.  Our 20 meter total would
have been higher if Murphy had not decided to pay us a visit this weekend.  It
seems that there are intermittent shield connections that have popped up on the
20 meter and 15 meter feeds which caused a lot of hash in the shack on other
bands.  Although temporary repairs were made, this problem will have to be
addressed before the next major CW contest.  Eighty was really good but 160 was
a big disappointment.

All in all though, we had a lot of fun and made a lot of Q's