[3830] CQWW CW VY2TT(K6LA) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VY2TT(K6LA) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 14:59:55 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VY2TT
Operator(s): K6LA
Station: VY2TT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: PEI
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Radios: SO2R

  160:   39     4        5
   80:  854    16       71
   40: 1037    28       83
   20: 1098    33       96
   15: 1142    28       96
   10:  975    27       82
------------------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Murphy paid an early visit as the first thing I did in preparing for the contest
after arriving at the PEI DX Lodge was smoke my Multi-keyer. I spent most of the
next two days getting parts to build a manual 2 radio switch. I wanted to get a
real antenna up for 160, but there wasn't time. We did get the StackMatch
working on the new 20 meter tower, but the top antenna rotator couldn't be
coaxed into rotating. It started the contest on JA, and worked quite well.
However, when I looked at it Monday morning it was pointed at EU.

On the positive side, this was the first time I've averaged over 100/hr. One
highlight was busting the very nasty TO4WW pileup on 15m on the FIRST call. I
actually was tuning down the band, so I heard the pileup, but couldn't hear who
they were calling. After a few minutes of not hearing who they were calling, I
tuned down the band and heard TO4WW with no pileup. Hmmm, he's working split ...
I listened back up, heard the station he came back to, glommed on to the same
frequency and ... bingo, first call.

I didn't move too many multipliers. I need to work on that more. But I did have
a double move. Two new mults called in back to back and I worked them on another
band back to back.

I was in the chair for all but about 15 minutes. This time I didn't have any
good visual hallucinations, but during the last two hours I felt very guilty
when running the US. There was this weird sense that, #1, it wasn't legal to run
US from Canada, and #2,it wasn't fair because when the US stations called me,
they were locked into my party and couldn't go to anyone else's. It made sense
after about 50 hours with no sleep:)

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT