[3830] CQWW CW FM/T93Y(@FM5BH) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW FM/T93Y(@FM5BH) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 08:13:17 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: FM/T93Y
Operator(s): T93Y
Station: FM5BH

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Ducos, Martinique
Operating Time (hrs): 43

  160:   36     4       14
   80:  360    16       60
   40: 1231    26       90
   20:  785    31       89
   15: 1123    25       88
   10: 1006    23       72
------------------------------

Club: Sarajevo Contest Group (SCG)

Comments:

Equipment: YAESU FT-1000MP, Compaq Presario PIII/600 laptop + Writelog v10.41B,
160m - Inverted L, 80m - Inverted V, 40m - 2el Cushcraft @ 26m, 20/15/10m -
Force 12 C31XR @ 24m.

Also I used K9AY receiving loop which performed great on both 160 and 80m and
MFJ-1025 noise canceling box which allowed me to use A3S as second RX antenna on
20/15/10m.

This is my most serious SOAB operation so far and I am very happy with the final
score which greatly exceeded my rough prediction of 5M. Out of whole numbers
above I am most proud of 43 hours of operating time which is reached without
taking anything but pineapple juice, biscuits and fruit joghurt.

Five hours of rest time came at the worst possible time (Saturday/Sunday
2000-0100UTC) and it can be seen on 20m QSO total. As I arrived from Bosnia an
Herzegovina on Tuesday, I had no problems to stay awake both local nights but
had problems later during the day...

I see many things which needs to be improved. Most important I need to involve
second radio (S56A interface is ready for while, but I never wired and tried it)
and see multipler passing/chasing easy way... Also it would be nice to use
shorter call but I did not wanted to take one of TO** calls to avoid confusion
with TO4WW/TO4E and questions about my QTH. After the contest Laurent was joking
that TO3E would be a good choice for the weekend and that I would have a great
pile-ups :-)

I hope that detailed contest statistics and pictures will be posted at
http://www.t93y.com/fm2003 before I get back to work on Monday.

Before end, I would like to thank Laurent, FM5BH (http://www.fm5bh.com) for
great hospitality and possibility to use his station which performed great
before, during and after the contest, and all of you for QSO in the contest.

FM/T93Y QSL is OK via T93Y.

See you in ARRL 10m from home.

73's Boris T93Y