[3830] ARRL 10 W4ZW SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4zw@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W4ZW SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 20:16:30 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W4ZW
Operator(s): W4ZW
Station: W4ZW

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 6.5

   CW:  453    85
  SSB:   49    39
-------------------
Total:  502   124  Total Score = 237,584

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

SOAPBOX: 10 Meters is always fun because it's always so unpredictable! Was
really enjoying the quick  change for the SteppIR to reverse directions to get
the SA callers off the back and decided to try the "bi-directional" mode.
Amazing!  Caught several Africans, lots of SA, and even had one 2 minute period
when I had four T9's call in LP. Managed to get two for exchanges, but the other
two were too far down in the noise.  Heard/worked lots of FCGers and for a bunch
of us the back scatter was 50% ESP with a lot of repeats.  Worked NE4AA and was
surprised when Dan said "Hi Jon".  Didn't know the call.  He had just moved the
VQ9 to CW which I failed to do. Had an hour here and there around the weekend
activities.  I think everyone knows FCG was on the air this weekend!