[3830] SS SSB KK9A Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kk9a@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB KK9A Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 09:13:31 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KK9A
Operator(s): KK9A
Station: KK9A

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:  320
   40:  583
   20:  362
   15:   24
   10:
------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I had a nice start on 20m with great long skip conditions to the east, west and
southwest. I was also making many 15m and 40m contacts on the second radio.
When rates slowed I went to 40m, which is usually very productive here in the
Midwest.  Unfortunately 40m closed early in the evening forcing me to 80m.   A
crowded 80m band is no place for a LP station without RX antennas to be.  I
should have taken my first off time much sooner.  Usually in SS most of the
multipliers call me and I?ve never had trouble making a sweep. This year that
didn?t happen and I was still missing 5 mults on Sunday afternoon.  I found all
but AK and NT before my operating time was up.   Actually I did hear NT on 20m
working west coast stations, but I never worked him.   I guess I should have
kept an antenna pointing NW earlier.

Transceiver:  (2) Yaesu FT1000 MP Mark-V
Software: Writelog

Antennas:

15m:  6el  36? boom     @ 50?
      6el  36? boom     @ 110?