[3830] CQWW CW KB0VVT M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kg0us100@att.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KB0VVT M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 18:09:00 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KB0VVT
Operator(s): KB0VVT, KG0US
Station: KB0VVT

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MO
Operating Time (hrs): 30

  160:   13     3        8
   80:   17    10       10
   40:  181    24       71
   20:  196    29       89
   15:  259    28       88
   10:  193    27       73
------------------------------
Total:  859   121      339  Total Score = 1,006,480

Club:

Comments:

This was just Rebecca and I have some fun working DX on CW.  How can you get
real serious with a 40 foot tower along with a KT34A and a Alpha Delta DX-A
sloper located right in the middle United States.  We would probably do better
on the east coast with a nail hammered into a block of wood.  HI HI.

We were just trying to get to a million points this year.

The ARRL web page wrote "Buckmaster archiving 73 Amateur Radio Today on the Web:
Buckmaster Publishing is archiving the entire 43 years of 73 Amateur Radio Today
on the Web. 73 debuted in 1960 and ceased publication with its September 2003
issue. Buckmaster now has a test version of what eventually will become a
fee-based service on its HamCall.net site and invites comments from the amateur
community."

The following issue is one of my favorites:

http://hamcall.net/cgi-bin/73cgi/?res=l&yr=1998&mo=09&pg=001&nam=DEMO

Five years sure goes by fast!

This is where contesting started for us. Steve Lufcy K0OU invited us out to
this station on a Saturday during the Grandview Hamfest.  I bet he sometimes
wishes he never got us involved in contesting since he only lives about a block
and a half away.

Happy Holidays,

Dave
KG0US