[3830] TBDC DL6RAI Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ben@dl6rai.muc.de
Subject: [3830] TBDC DL6RAI Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 07:39:35 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: DL6RAI
Operator(s): DL6RAI
Station: DL6RAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 13.5

Total:  QSOs = 360  Total Score = 1,200

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Can't compute score but made 56 DX QSOs. Best DX was VK6VZ and JT1CO plus 6 JA
QSOs. Condx not too bad but band didn't open up further to the west than W5 and
W9.

W2GD on 1821.5 was the US beacon signal I watched to see if signals were going
up or down. He was always loudest, just to be followed by NO2R. VY2ZM was like a
local station, not too useful as a beacon signal. He was there all night.

Signals deteriorated slightly after 0100z and came back at around 0530z.

Pity, WD5R couldn't get my QTH locator and AE9B (MO) didn't hear me at all.
Their signals peaked at 0645z. Also W3GH took me a long time to work, he did not
copy signals from EU for a long time. Interestingly, many of
the weaker signals could hear better. Did you guys all operate Low Power?

Happy New Year to everyone!