[3830] TBDC AD8P Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC AD8P Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 09:30:58 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: AD8P
Operator(s): AD8P
Station: AD8P

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Ohio EN80
Operating Time (hrs): 10

Total:  QSOs = 246  Total Score = 1,500

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

This is truly a fun contest. I just wish more stations were on to work. This
year I added 5 pennants to hear with and they paid dividends for me right away.
I managed to get PJ2, KV4, FM, KH6, G, UA2, RA1, LY7, DL, and GU. Best DX was
the RA1 at 8510km and the LY7 at 8144km. Some of these stations can really hear.
They all managed to copy me one letter or number at a time. I can't hear
anything without the loops.

The rig is a  Ten Tec Omni 6 Plus @90 watts. The transmit antenna is an 80 meter
dipole @65' fed with open wire feedline shorted at the output of a homebrew
"Ultimate Transmatch" and 6 elevated radials snaked all over my city lot
property. ON4UN's book calls it a "TEE". The receive antenna is an array of 5
switchable pennants supported by fiberglass pole vault poles obtained from the
local high school for next to nothing. They replace a few each year and I buy
the old ones. They are great for receiving antenna supports.

Many thanks to BOARC for putting on a good time.