[3830] TBDC WD5R(N5ECT) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pattaya@direcpc.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC WD5R(N5ECT) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 16:03:55 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: WD5R
Operator(s): N5ECT
Station: WD5R

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: AR
Operating Time (hrs): 13.5

Total:  QSOs = 406  Total Score = 1,523

Club:

Comments:

I told the real WD5R that the European opening  was similar to a small piece of
butter on a hot biscuit. .
I knew it was there but I couldn?t taste it
I could hear the signals in the background but just had a heil of a time pulling
them out.
Kept wondering, ?Is it the equipment or is it old age??
Thanks to those guys that play a part in the activity that provides so much
entertainment on the farm.
A little humor.
 Being a timid soul, I try to establish an operating position before the band
gets crowded.
I had worked up a real sweat after five or six hours but still had a good thing
going.
A gentleman came up on freq, double loud, and ask, no, told me,  to qsy so he
could work  a dx station.
He wants me to move off and give someone  else heart burn  and leave him with a
clear spot??
If the term ?gentleman? didn?t have such a broad meaning among the 160 elite, he
might have disqualified himself from the social circle.

For the contests we run legal limit, not a drop over, dedicated full ¼ vertical
on peak of hill, and lots of beverages., well, at least they look like beverages
from a distance.

Doug, n5ect
(cw op at wd5r)