[3830] TBDC N6WG Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6wg@earthlink.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC N6WG Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 17:47:55 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Newark CA
Operating Time (hrs): 11

Total:  QSOs = 106  Total Score = 1,200

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Results were a bit disappointing this time.  Fewer QSOs than last
year and the year before.  I never even heard JA or our east coast.
I did manage a QSO with KH7X though, so my record of working Hawaii
in SP remains intact :-)
My motorized tuning capacitor on the big vertical worked well, and
allowed me to peak the antenna in the sub-ranges above and below
the DX window.
I wonder if at least some of the midwest and eastern big gun ops
were working from home setups rather than club stations.  Signals
just didn't seem as robust as during the ARRL 160 CW.
Signals were thinning out at midnight, so I knocked off for a few
hours of sleep.  Didn't seem worth staying up for the returns
available.  Still had a fun time though, and made my goal of at
least 100 QSOs.  Finished with 106 after deducting two dupes.  I
hope I calculated the score correctly.  It will be interesting to
see how many of these QSOs were with my fellow QRPers.  I could
use the points. :-)
Now for the CQ WW 160m CW to try again :-)
73 and a Happy New Year to all.
Bob N6WG