[3830] RAC Winter WX0B SOABHP (N5NU Op)

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter WX0B SOABHP (N5NU Op)
From: JE Goldsberry <je_golds@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 13:13:10 -0800 (PST)
                                RAC SUMMARY SHEET

     Contest Date : 27-Dec-03

    Callsign Used : WX0B
         Operator : N5NU
         Category : SOABHP
 Default Exchange : 59(9) #
             Name : JASON GOLDSBERRY
          Address : RT 1 BOX 1025
   City/State/Zip : DOUGLASS TX 75943
          Country : United States

        Team/Club : WWYC

  160CW       36          36        234       7
  160SSB      21          21        158       5
   80CW       62          62        468       9
   80SSB      75          75        644       9
   40CW      182         179        908       9
   40SSB      21          21        190       9
   20CW      158         158        798      10
   20SSB     236         232       1686      12
   15CW      111         110        528      10
   15SSB     175         175       1124      12
   10CW       49          49        286      10
   10SSB      95          95        622      11
 Totals     1221        1213       7646     113

    Final Score = 863998 points.

Operating time - about 20 hours.

Thanks to Jay, WX0B, for allowing me to use his station!  A great plus to use
two radios.  TR says 108 second radio Q's were made.  Thanks to all of those
who changed bands for me.  Never heard a VY0.

Lots of European activity.  I wish the VE activity was greater.  I ran out of
those to work and had extended periods running Europe and US.  20 meters was
open to Northern Europe when I went to sleep at 0830z.  Worked exactly 600 VE
stations, about 350 Europeans.  Over 200 from Ontario alone.  Seems like BC had
about 130 or so.

Good to see good activity from VE1, VE2, VE4 and VE5.  Only heard two VY2's,
but moved both of them around.  (Thanks esp to LI and SS).  Had a really hard
time with VE9 on the low bands.  Special thanks to VE8RSD/QRP who called in on
15m for moving to 10m.  Still can't believe we were able to work.

Sadly enough, never worked VY1 or VE8 on CW.  Good activity from both VY1 and
VE8 toward the end.  Several had s9+ sigs.  Sorry to the VY1 tried to call on
40SSB, couldn't pick you out from under the AM'ers.

Concentrated on moving every possible mult.  Probably made some people mad with
my tenacity for doing so.  I've never worked 113 Mults in the contest.
Could've done better on 160m, but I worked everything I heard.  Sadly enough, I
doubt I'll ever work 113 mults in the contest again.

See yall in the next one.

73, Jason N5NU (Op)

---
Jason Goldsberry, 264 Fernwood, Nacogdoches TX 75964