[3830] NAQP CW N6ZZ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6zz@zianet.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N6ZZ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 23:06:08 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: N6ZZ
Operator(s): N6ZZ
Station: N6ZZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: New Mexico
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:   99    33
   80:  165    45
   40:  206    51
   20:  192    49
   15:  281    50
   10:  218    50
-------------------
Total: 1161   278  Total Score = 322,758

Club:

Team: Azenmokers 3

Comments:

Didn't set up the station until Saturday morning, and discovered that my primary
antenna, a C4SXL, would only rotate between Southwest and South.  Not exactly
the preferred direction for a stateside contest!  So I climbed the tower,
couldn't figure out why the rotator wouldn't turn it any more than that, and
eventually loosened the bolts holding the mast in place and moved the antenna to
a more northerly direction.  At least there weren't any decisions as to where
the antenna should be pointed.

10 and 15 were pretty hot, better than I expected, so I fell into the old trap
of not taking my off-times early enough.  20 closed very early....actually, it
was open, but it seemed like everybody abandoned it earlier than usual.

73 - Phil