[3830] NAQP CW N2UT(@AA5B) M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, BruceAA5B@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N2UT(@AA5B) M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 13:02:29 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: N2UT
Operator(s): AA5B, WA7LNW, WD7Z
Station: AA5B

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: NM
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:   89    26
   80:  254    45
   40:  422    53
   20:  448    52
   15:  211    43
   10:  216    46
-------------------
Total: 1640   265  Total Score = 434,600

Club: NM Big River

Team:

Comments:

Stn 1: IC761, 20 mtr dipole at 50 ft, 80/160 90-ft vertical.
Stn 2: FT1000MP, 10/15 dipole at 40 ft, 40 mtr dipole at 50 ft.
All antennas on push-up poles and fiberglass fishing poles.

Yet another all-wires operation thrown together in the day or two before the
contest, but at least we?re getting a lot of practice for Field Day! The 3 of us
had never operated together before, but hit it off very well.

This was a bare-bones weekend. A third station for mult hunting? Ha! The biggest
hardware excitement: running out to the yard to change bands by swapping coax,
or maybe re-configuring the vertical from 80 to 160 meters. Contesting and
aerobic exercise combined.

Got the entire station disassembled before church on Sunday morning, too. The
good news is that I?m getting a good feeling for the propagation from this new
QTH, and I think I finally know the hardware needed from here. Soon.

BTW, how about allowing multis to count as 2 single-op scores in NAQP team
competition? If you think it?s a good idea, tell the contest sponsors. If not,

Great contest, loads of fun, glad to be back at it.

   -Bruce AA5B
    AA5B@arrl.net