[3830] NAQP CW N2IC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N2IC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 14:09:32 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: N2IC
Operator(s): N2IC
Station: N2IC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NM
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:    0     0
   80:  247    46
   40:  229    46
   20:  204    46
   15:  164    48
   10:  134    37
-------------------
Total:  978   223  Total Score = 217,648

Club:

Team: Azenmokers 2

Comments:

Had a last minute change-of-plans. My usual host station
did not get back from his road trip, so I
operated from the temporary QTH.  Not much of a station here - when your
entire interior living space is 400 square feet, the XYL doesn't appreciate
a contest station !  She was kind enough to run errands all day, while I
expropriated the "all purpose room" for the TS950 and computer.  Put up an
80 inverted-vee on the defunct windmill to complement the 10/15/20 trap
vertical and 40 meter full-size vertical, and I was in business.   Despite
the handicaps, it was lots of fun - I was amazed to be able to get the rate
meter near 150 on each band (for short periods of time).  Thought it would
mainly be an S&P contest for me, but not so !  15 and 20 caught me off-guard
with their early closings - found myself on 40 an hour before sunset.  The
80 meter antenna was super, despite it's low height.  No time to put up a
160 antenna.  I tried the 80 dipole on 160, but instantly blew the circuit
breaker controlling the computer.