[3830] NAQP CW K5GN(@W5KU) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mccarty@hal-pc.org
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K5GN(@W5KU) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 20:09:32 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: K5GN
Operator(s): K5GN
Station: W5KU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 5:13
Radios: SO2R

  160:  120    35
   80:  160    40
   40:  173    48
   20:  100    37
   15:   10     4
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  563   164  Total Score = 92,332

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Got on the air for the first time since CQ WW CW to check the station out.
Everything worked ... except the line noise that was gone in November is now
S9+.  Sorry if I couldn't hear some of you.

This is a terrific contest.  Wish I could get on seriously every time, but it
just never seems to be in the cards.

Started before sunset, but 15 was poor and 10 was gone.  Put in a little more
than 5 hours in three stints, with some amazing rate.

22:42- 130
23:42- 142
01:16-  79
02:50-  96
03:50- 101
04:50-  18

I've got to work out a better schedule in August so I can do this again.

Better than that, though, I need to get that line noise
fixed before the Sprint!  And it would be good to have
it gone for the CQ 160 CW, since it's just as bad on the
NE beverage as it is on the TX antenna...

... line noise s u c k s.

One wonders if the power co will care enough to come out
and fix it ... this can't be any worse than BPL, eh?

CU all in the CW Sprint!

GN