[3830] NAQP SSB K6LL Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ll@juno.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K6LL Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 11:18:20 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: K6LL
Operator(s): K6LL
Station: K6LL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:   33    12
   80:  139    39
   40:  346    53
   20:  349    54
   15:  310    54
   10:  409    52
-------------------
Total: 1586   264  Total Score = 418,704

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #1

Comments:

WHAT A BLAST!

It looks like conditions really favored the
West in this one. The band summaries
of eastern stations look almost upside-
down, compared to the western locations.
It's almost like two entirely different
contests.

The best part of this contest for me was
that there was none of the local QRN that
really bothered me during the CW weekend.
On Friday morning, I finally traced the
source of the QRN to a house about 100
yards away from me. Sitting in the front
driveway was a deluxe electric scooter,
with a battery charger connected to
it. This is one of those high performance
scooters with a 24 or 36 volt system. The
damn thing looks like a Harley! Anyway, I
whipped up a nice heavy duty line filter,
and was prepared to bribe the guy with $20
to disconnect the charger on Saturday, but on
Friday afternoon, the scooter disappeared from
the driveway! It's still gone, as of Sunday
morning. I'm hoping it was just another family
visiting my neighbor, and now they have gone
home. On the other hand, they may live there
and went away, with the scooter, for the
weekend. I guess I'll find out pretty soon.

Thanks for all the QSO's, and especially the
stations who moved to different bands. See you
in the Sprints in a couple weeks.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

.