[3830] NAQP SSB N4VI Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4vi@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB N4VI Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 15:00:38 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: N4VI
Operator(s): N4VI
Station: N4VI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:    0     0
   80:   52    28
   40:  128    37
   20:  168    38
   15:  317    39
   10:   74    28
-------------------
Total:  739   170  Total Score = 125,630

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team:

Comments:

Rig:  TS 870
Logging:  TR

Antennas:

160m:  none
80m:    See 40m
40m:  40 meter wire dipole @ 40? fed with 450 ohm twin lead
20m:   see 40m plus autotuner
15m:   2 element switchable  E/W wire Vee-beam (abt 20? at apex)
10m:   see 40m + auto tuner

Got off to a rough start on 10m as it appeared I had distortion on the audio.
It took me about 20 minutes but finally convinced myself that RF in the shack
was causing some type of distortion on my monitor audio.  10m was just a bit too
long as I could work the New England area with ease but all the other mults were
exceptions.

Moved to 15m at 1843z and was rewarded with 144 QSO?s through 2000z which was by
far the best run of the day.

Two disappointments were:
1.  Low mult counts on 15/20/40.
2.  Poor performance on 40m.  The rig (or my ears) simply can?t handle the 40m
mess plus contest conditions.

Thanks to everyone for the 80m qso?s as my antenna is worse then marginal.
Special kudo?s go to N8NA in DE, thanks!

My ears still hurt, long live CW!

See ya in the Sprints (at least the CW version) with a real 80m antenna.

73?s

Chris, n4vi

QSO Distribution?

   1.           Ca   59